December 13, 2008

Welcome to My Jewelry Box

I have a confession. For months, I have been harvesting an obsession with statement jewelry. And not the kind that dazzles and drips in your décolletage and is measured by the 4 Cs (though I wouldn't mind some of that). I'm guilty of an infatuation with costume jewelry.

We have seen the rise and fall of the ubiquitous "it" bag, and now everyone is lusting after must-have architectural heels. When this phase is through – and it too shall pass – costume jewelry will enjoy glory that it hasn’t seen since its heyday in the postwar 1940s and 50s.



Eye-catching creations from the likes of Alber Elbaz for Lanvin, Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton, and Nicholas Ghesquière for Balenciaga stole the Fall 2008 runway shows. Some of my favorite pieces included heavy gold chains (Givenchy), ostentatious crystal and ribbon necklaces (Lanvin), and stained glass bib necklaces (Burberry). But that's really only the beginning.

Necks, arms, and ears will continue to be adorned for the upcoming Spring 2009 season as well. Never has it been a better time to use bold jewelry pieces to accessorize your existing wardrobe - or a new one, for that matter.

Welcome to my little bijoux box where I hope to share my passion for jewelry. Enjoy and please feel free to leave comments. In the words of Matthew McConaughey in How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days…"frost yourself.”

Images courtesy of Style.com. Left to Right: Burberry Prorsum, Lanvin, Givenchy, Balenciaga.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoaa where did this one come from?! i like i like.

a.beauti.ful..mess said...

i love all these statement necklaces!